We’ve seen and shared countless infographics on Social Media to-date. Most about; growth, reach, what happen if you printed the content or even just about the user. But Video-infographics seems to be few and far between.
The latest comes from Videoinfographs.com, where last week they released the video titled “The World of Social Media 2011” – showing all the latest facts & figures about social media.
Statistics I Found Noteworthy:
- 11% of the world is now on Facebook (Dec 2011)
- There are now more Facebook users than motor vehicles – 800,000,000 Vs 750,000,000.
- Every 60 seconds there are; 510,000 posted comments, 293,000 status updates & 136,000 uploaded photographs
- Twitter is now at 225,000,000 users – although I’m not sure how many of these are bots….
- Aged demographics of LinkedIn’s population are: Age 18 – 24 = 21%, Age 25 – 34 = 34%, 35 – 54 = 36% & 55+ = 7%
- YouTube has over 490,000,000 unique visitors each month generating 92,000,000,000 page views
- Lady Gaga overtook Ashton Kutcher to be the most followed person Twitter with 15,864,000 followers
Surprised by these statistics? I can’t help thinking how or rather when the rate of growth will slow – especially with regards to the Facebook population.